All the bad things and bugs about this program (AviDemux x86 2.6.3.8518)

Started by pitoloko, April 13, 2013, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitoloko

Ã,· First of all, Why the Linux programmers don't try to open the f*cking application in Windows? That's a waste of time for all who downloaded the 32 bit installer of 2.6.3 (or 2.62 or 2.6.1)

Avidemux 2.6.0 CLI and GUI was great, but later versions (ALL the later versions) are a holy sh*t.

To run Avidemux 2.6.3 CLI all the users we need to manually download and install this dll files:
Ã,· iconv.dll
Ã,· libfribidi-0.dll
Ã,· libfreetype-6.dll

So PLEASE... programmers of this new releases, try to waste only ONE MINUTE of your time to test the compiled app in a Windows OS after do the compiler, then update the installer builder, Thanks.

And try to waste a second minute of time to answer to the people who reports bugs in this forum and to fix the bugs.

Ã,· Second, in GUI version 2.6.3 is impossible to open a file using arguments like this:
AviDemux.exe "MyVideoFile.mp4"
The application will closes (without errors, without nothing).

That's another thing that I can't believe... Really I hate the job that the programmers did with the 2.6.X versions. all of those versions are full of bugs but are released as "stable" versions.

Ã,· Third and last and the most important bug, in CLI versions 2.6.1, 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 it is impossible to save a AAC raw audio using the command line:
avidemux_cli "Video.MP4" --save-raw-video "Audio.aac"

I wrote at least FIVE POSTS in the last months about this bug in this forum without ANY response of ANY developer (only responses of people who want to help), if do you think my words are not pretty then... I have full reasons to be angry, deceptioned and suffocated 'cause i've only tried to write posts and posts always without any answer of developers saying "thanks for the report i will fix the bug!", bah... they don't look this forum, they don't resolve problems, don't donate support and don't will fix reported bugs.

A full list of bugs with that that  --save-raw-video on AAC files command i was commented in my lasts posts, don't make me search of it 'cause any developer helped me or answered me of rixed this or want to fix this, but all the info (FOUR tests) are in this forum pages.

I said version 2.6.0 was great 'cause it don't have any of the bugs that I've commented here, really i will still using 2.6.0 'cause I need to save raw data of AAC and in any other version I can do it, and in newer versions always exists newer bugs, cool.

PS: Sorry for my english.

Sure I'll not have any developer answer (like never) and the third problem don't will be fixed in any newer version (like ever) so... Bye and thanks for read people.

Jan Gruuthuse

Being rude won't get you any further. You got the attention of a developer and some good advice from a longtime user.
Currently we are @ r8568 so progress is going on.
Developer(s) decide in what order/priority development is proceeding.
We the lucky users can only report issues and nicely ask requests. We have a great program to use.
Avidemux is a limited operation: few developers, forum staff and die hard users helping where they can.
Writing code, patches, testing ...
So up to you if you stay along or not. If you stop wasting others time.

Unfortunately for you: I dropped windows long time ago, there is nothing much I can do for you.

styrol

Quote from: pitoloko on April 13, 2013, 09:47:33 AM
PS: Sorry for my english.
Sure I'll not have any developer answer (like never)
Your English is rather not the reason the developers do not answer to your bold letter posts.