[SOLVED] Help using Avidemux 2.5.4 please.

Started by Fleabag, February 25, 2012, 01:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleabag

I am having a problem using Avidemux 2.5.4, what has been happening is that whenever I go to load a video file, I get an error message saying "No audio decoder found for this file. Save (A+V) will generate bad AVI. Save audio will work.". I am using it with Vector Linux 7.0 as my operating system. How do I go about correcting that situation? Thanks in advance for you're assistance.

nibbles

First tell us what's in the video by opening it up in MediInfoGui, switching to html view, copy and paste the output into a gist or pastebin and give us the url.,

Secondly, avidemux2 is now up to version 2.5.6.  Please upgrade.  If you still have errors, see if you can use another program to cut a 10MB chunk of it out and put that up on rapidshare or somewhere handy.  To help up debug this, copy your whole logfile from when you start up avidemux till when it errors into a gist and give us the url to that.  I guess it's in your syslog or copied to your console.

In this case I'm guessing you are trying a deal with a video for which you never built the library to decode it's audio, or your audio decoder plugins were not loaded when avidemux started, or the video is broken.

Fleabag

Jan Gruuthuse

nibbles

May I ask what language you prefer?
MediaInfoGUI is a program that tells you the details of your video.  Get it here: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Lets try that maybe.

Fleabag

Jan Gruuthuse

Find computer geek that can help you with the compiling issue(s) on vector linux 7.0?
Or look to have multiple OS installed and bootable? So you can keep vector linux 7.0 and can run Ubuntu to work with your videos?

Fleabag

the end result is as follows:

madscientist:$ tail -f /var/log/messages
Mar  2 09:37:15 vector kernel: [ 1811.395307] usb 1-5: USB disconnect, device number 7
Mar  2 09:47:23 vector -- MARK --
Mar  2 09:56:13 vector acpid: client 2822[0:0] has disconnected
Mar  2 09:56:13 vector acpid: client connected from 4931[0:0]
Mar  2 09:56:13 vector acpid: 1 client rule loaded
Mar  2 09:56:27 vector gnome-keyring-daemon[5037]: GLib-GIO: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
Mar  2 09:56:27 vector gnome-keyring-daemon[5037]: couldn't set environment variable in session: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
Mar  2 09:56:27 vector last message repeated 2 times
Mar  2 10:07:23 vector -- MARK --
Mar  2 10:19:48 vector kernel: [ 4364.239070] sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

So what do I do next?

nibbles

1) Start avidemux
2) open that video you are having problems with.
3) Close avidemux.
4) Start a text editor.
5) In your text editor, open /var/log/messages.
6) Copy all of the avidemux output towards the bottom of that file that was made when you just started and stopped avidemux.
7) Paste all of that output into a gist at https://gist.github.com/
8) Give us the url to the gist over on your topic on installing avidemux on vector linux

nibbles

1. After you paste all the info into the gist window, you press the Create Public Gist button.

2. Then on the next page you copy the url from your navigation bar:

and give that link to us please, e.g.  https://gist.github.com/1968798

Fleabag

https://gist.github.com/1969009

this represents the time period that I last tried your suggestions.

nibbles

You did a great job.  So sometime between 16:37 and 18:38 you ran Avidemux?
If yes then it must be logging to another file.  Let's look for the file.  Would you
please start and stop Avidemux again (to generate fresh log data), then run this
command and paste in the output?

find /var/log -type f -name "*.log" -exec grep -H -n Zenkov '{}' \; 2> /dev/null

If that didn't return anything, then just get us the output of this command in a new gist:

ls -l /var/log

Thanks we will get this sorted pretty soon.  That Zenkov fellow is one of the developers, and his name
appears in the logs whenever you start Avidemux.

nibbles

Nice.  Slight change to the command now that I know what files we have to work with.
Run this and paste the output into a gist please.

find /var/log -type f -exec grep -H -n Zenkov '{}' \; 2> /dev/null

fwiw this is what I get back:

/var/log/system.log:23:Mar  3 00:52:59 LeBus [0x0-0x450450].org.avidemux.avidemux2[17791]:  Audio     : Mihail Zenkov
/var/log/system.log:4898:Mar  3 03:02:49 LeBus [0x0-0x47e47e].org.avidemux.avidemux2[5261]:  Audio     : Mihail Zenkov