I feel like I'm spamming the forum today, but what the hell.. I like avidemux, but these 2.6.X versions are really full of problems.
I saved an .avi file with copy method
and only shifting its tracks:
source = avi, codec xvid, 1330Mb, ac3 tracks
result = avi, codec xvid, 892Mb
, ac3 tracks --> silent in vlc!
Other generic problems:
- avidemux locks each opened file, even when they have been closed, until the program is exited.
- skipping to the end always gives the usual reported error. Even with the scroller, some few frames aren't still reachable, you have to press "right" key till the end.
- ok, avidemux is optimized only for multicore, so I have to wait a lot for each opened avi (sigh).. but why does its win explorer folder "freeze" until the program finishes loading it?
- default avidemux volume is too high and, when modified, it changes all system wave volume.
- audio playback in avidemux is weird: after you press play, sometimes it's mute for a while, often it's out of sych for a while. Precise cuts are hard..
- how do I clear markers? Is there a button\menu\hotkey?
- see my thread about scripts for another problem with .mp4 output ( http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,13302.0.html
- zoom doesn't still work during playback.