News:

--

Main Menu

2.6.0 QT (r7481) behavioral changes

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, September 08, 2011, 10:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

When:
  • stop playing: position jumps back to where video was started.
  • start playing the screen always jumps back to zoom 1:1, and not staying in selected zoom.
  • pushing button >| to jump to end of clip: nothing happens.
Missing feature(s):
  • Saving GUI settings and and using these at startup, like selected zoom and preferred Output Format: Muxer
  • Play from marker A, so you can check saved output is like intended. Now you save recording and notice cut is not like you wish it should have been. Contains images or sound from before cutting point A.

Hope you don't mind this report and suggestions, still being a newbie and on a steep learning curve (linux, ubuntu, this forum, ...) and already a fervent avidemux 2.6.0 user.
Big thanks again

Jan Gruuthuse

Linux-2.6.38-11-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-11.04-natty
gnome 2.32.1
Intel Core i3 2100 with 8 GB ram
Avidemux 2.6.0 QT (r7572)

Perhaps this was overlooked? Jump/goto end of loaded clip: when clicking button: nothing happens. And as pictures say more then words ;)
Quote from: Terminal Screen  OutputReminder

[HandleAction]  ************ End **************

[refresh]  XV:refresh

Jan Gruuthuse

Thanks for fixing the View: zoom while playing.

Pressing play > while playing does the same as pressing stop []: both jump back to position where you started playing. Rather would have the press play while playing acting as a pause and staying in the position where you paused. This helps to pin point the position to mark A or B.

karl

I was also startled by the "jump back to position where play started" behaviour - I am very used to play, then stop and only adjust a few frames back or forth to set a mark.

The new behaviour of jumping back could be useful if it was just one of two possibilities (if you want to play back a region multiple times), but I really miss the old behaviour a lot!  :-\

karl

Locally, I restored the old behaviour for me by just commenting out line 150 from common/gui_play.cpp:

// admPreview::seekToTime(oldTimeFrame);

(After having cut > 10000 small clips I recorded with my camera during the last 6 years, I am just way too used to the "stay where I stopped playing" behaviour  ;D )

mean

I've disabled return-to-start when input is displayed
I'll still rewind when output is processed as else it is really unsafe

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: mean on May 06, 2012, 06:27:54 AM
I've disabled return-to-start when input is displayed
I'll still rewind when output is processed as else it is really unsafe

Works as intended